Quantum learning have been discussed in two previous articles. Both of them clearly teach on how to make a skripsi about quantum learning which contain chapter 1 about Background of the Study, Statement of the Problems and Purpose of the Study. In this article, we are going to continue learning on how to complete the skripsi at chapter 1 by adding Significance of the Study, Limitation of the Problems and also Definition of the Key Terms. The title of this skripsi is “TECHNIQUE OF TEACHING PRESENT TENSE THROUGH COMMUNICATIVE ACTIVITIES USING QUANTUM TEACHING METHOD TO THE TENTH YEAR STUDENT”. Please don’t copy this article because it need lots of times and hard works to create it. This article also contain basic data for Skripsi. If anyone are willing to use it as their skripsi, make sure to add more information as the title have no specific object of the study. This article is written by me (Linatul Ainisiyah) and supervised by Mochammad Rifai.
1.1 Significance of the Study
By writing this Skripsi the writer hopes to give feedback to the teachers so that they would have better technique in teaching present tense communicative activities using quantum teaching method. He also hopes they can take benefits to improve their achievements in teaching present tense but also they can use in real communication.
This study is also essential because the following reasons:
1. To improve the student’s mastery on grammar ability can use the result of this case.
2. To make the use of pattern more clearly in teaching process in the classroom.
3. The result of the data from this study will show the average achievement of English present tense of Tenth year Students after learning them at the semester of the year.
4. The research will be useful for those who want to conduct similar studies.
1.2 Limitation of the Problems
The present tense cover such as a comparatively large and are taught continually in the same class. The present tense is given in the second semester of SMA of the year.
Therefore, this study intends to limit the discussion to the present perfect which are taught in the tenth year of SMA, since these are the fundamental knowledge of learning present tense .
1.3 Definition of the Key Terms
To avoid misunderstanding term and content of the topic, it is important to define the key term in this research below:
1. Technique : A method of doing performing something especially in the art or science (Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, 2000: 13335)
2. Teaching : A work of teacher to educate or to teach the students in the school or out of school (Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, 2000: 1333)
3. Present tense : The form of a verb that expresses an action done at the present times (Self diary Mochammad Rifai, 2011: 98)
4. Communicative : Ways of sending information, ways of traveling, willing to give information or talk. (Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, 2000: 243)
5. Activities : Being active, busy action (Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, 2000: 13)
6. Using : Being used, purpose for which something is used (Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, 2000: 1432)
7. Quantum Teaching : Using variety of approaches in the classroom which involves students in active learning, the outcome of quantum teaching is that students learn how to learn or think for themselves (Diana Wrenn, 2003)
8. Method : A particular way of doing something, done in a careful and logical way (Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, 2000: 203)
9. Tenth year Students : The student who learn or study (stay) in the tenth year (first class) in the school.
This Skripsi about Quantum learning is dedicated to Irna Diana, a student from UNIROW TUBAN whom is really curious about learning English.