English Perfect Tenses is used by the people to describe actions or events that has been done completely. In two previous grammar, there are Simple tenses and Progressive Tenses. Simple Tenses is used to describe actions with the simple rules in Simple Present Tenses, Simple Past Tenses and future tenses while Progressive tenses only useful to describe action or events that is happening. It uses rules as stated in Present Progressive Tenses, past Progressive Tenses and Future Progressive Tenses. Simple Tenses is the basic grammar that is easy to learn and Progressive Tenses has medium difficulties. After learning both of them, it is time to learn the English Perfect Tenses which hold hard difficulties.
English Perfect Tenses is really hard (considering two previous grammars). Learning it without teachers or guides is almost impossible. It didn’t completely impossible but it can be real disaster when there are confusion in understanding the grammars. What make Perfect tenses different with previous Tenses is not only the times but the actions or events. My professor prefer calling it the indication of completed actions or events that have been completely done.
When students want to learn about Perfect Tenses, they will need to understand the three categories in the grammars. Present Perfect Tenses, Past Perfect Tenses and Future Perfect Tenses are the grammars rules in English Perfect Tenses. All the three categories will be listed below to make it easy for readers to read it:
- Present Perfect Tenses. This is the grammar rules in Perfect Tenses. It is used to express actions or event s completed in the present. It uses the formula of Subject + Have and Verb level three. The description above surely will give clear explanations for anyone.
- Past Perfect Tenses. This is the second Grammar rules in Perfect Tenses. It is used only to express actions or events completed in the past. It uses the formula of Subject + Had + Verb level 3. Actually this grammar isn’t that hard for anyone who love top learn English.
- Future Perfect Tenses. This is a last grammar in Perfect Tenses to describe action that completed in the future. the general formula is Subject + will have + Verb level three. This grammar can be easy after two previous grammar have been mastered.
Perfect Tenses can be a great challenge for learners as it have the opportunity to confuse them. Below are more information that designed especially for readers:
- An Overview of Present Perfect Tenses. This section will be created in future after creating the last information in grammar about present progressive. By reading the information that will be posted in this categories, readers can get valuable information about the formulas and how to use them correctly.
- An Overview of Past Perfect Tenses. This section will only contains formulas and information related with Past Perfect Tenses along with how to use it in writing and conversations. Past Perfect Tenses is often used by most people than other grammars in my opinion. It only useful to describe anything that have completed in the past.
- An Overview of Future Perfect Tenses. if you want to compile or create good structured sentences to explain anything that will be completed in future. Future perfect Tenses often used by people to describe wishes that they want to completely done at specified time in future.
This post is only give readers the three categories in Perfect Tenses. An Overview of all English Verb Tenses used in Grammar will give clear explanation about it. Detailed information will be posted in future and students or teachers can click the proper links that is created for them. In future the three general overview above will be given links. Each links will refer to the specified information. For now on, there are no links created. ARICK (Mochammad Rifai).