After few hours ago doing some social activities in local schools with my colleagues, I decided to write another example of Chapter 1 in Skripsi which also usable in Thesis. The reason to create the chapter 1 is available in previous post. This chapter one is another attempt to help local student make their own SKRIPSI which will be used as their final assignment. The example of Chapter 1 in SKRIPSI contains several points such as Background of the Study, Statement of the Problem, Objective of the study, Significance of the Study, Limitation of the Study and definition of key terms.
Example of Chapter 1 in SKRIPSI or Thesis
CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION in SKRIPSI or Thesis
1.1 Background of the Study.
English is an international language, which is used by most people all over the world, taught and learnt in many countries all over the world either as second language of foreign language.
In globalization era, where limitation among the countries almost doesn’t exist and in other side the relationship among them will grow up, mastering English is very important to communicate with foreign people and to survive in that area.
Moreover, English is one of international language and it is also as a foreign language for Indonesia it self. Crystal (1997) argued that English is an important language as it is spoken by many people in many countries. Based on the statement above: English is admitted by all countries and used to communicate among countries. And English is a foreign language that is learned by Indonesian people. The English language is one of the subject included in the curriculum of elementary school, junior school, senior high school and university, because English is needed by Indonesian people to effort and develop our country.
It has been observed that they are curious to know the English more master the language skill such as listening, speaking, reading, writing, which all of them presented integrated. If we want to use the language properly, we have to know many aspects in teaching and learning English for communication. One form of communication is interaction between speakers.
Learning English is not only learning vocabulary and grammar but also to use and apply both of them in communication activity. If the students master vocabulary and grammar they can communicate well but the students have low vocabulary and grammar they will difficult to communicate.
Someone’s skill in communication can be seen in two ways, that is orally and in writing. In oral communication, there is an important element which is necessary to be taught, that is about pronunciation. Sometimes, there are some differences between spelling and pronunciation. If some one pronounced some words incorrectly, he or she cannot express his or her idea correctly. In other word, if he or she is listening to someone’s speaking and he or she has some mistakes in his or her pronunciation, it also can influence his or her own skill to understand what he or she heard.
In this skripsi, the writer takes a title “The Writing Ability of student in UNIROW ASIA”.
1.2 Statement of the Problem.
According to the background of the study above, the writer has some problems that are going to be answered as follows:
1. How far is the student’s ability in writing for the junior level at UNIROW ASIA?
2. How are the students responses in speaking using an interactive dialogue technique?
1.3 Objective of the Study.
Based on the statement of the problems above, the writer has some purposes:
1. To determine the students speaking ability of the Student in UNIROW ASIA.
2. To find out the significant different between students at UNIROW ASIA.
1.4 Significance of the Study.
The result of the study are expected to be useful input for the following group:
To the teacher :
1. The result of the study can be used by teachers of English to improve vocabulary ability of the student.
2. The result of the study will contribute to the improvement of English teaching, notably the teaching of speaking.
3. The result of the study will be useful information for the improvement of teaching vocabulary.
To the student :
1. The result of the study will the students to be able to improve vocabulary ability.
2. The result of the study will give the students to be able to apply speaking with their teacher and their friend.
1.5 Limitation of the Study
To maximize the result of this study author focuses the research at Example of Chapter 1 in SKRIPSI or Thesis.
1.6 Definition of Key Terms
To avoid misunderstanding, the author would like to give the definition of key terms as follow:
1. Study : Particular person’s learning activities (Oxford Advanced Learner’s Pocket Dictionary new Edition : 292).
2. Mastery : Great skill of knowledge (Oxford learner’s Pocket Dictionary Current New Edition : 256).
3. Speaking : Be able to use language (Oxford learner’s Pocket Dictionary Current, English, Oxford, Oxford University press, 1994: 398).
5. UNIROW ASIA: An education group funded by ARICK (Mochammad Rifai).
The example in this post can be used by teacher or anyone who having difficulties creating SKRIPSI or THESIS. It is provided with a hope that it can be used as basic template. Always choose the best title for the final assignment that will benefit the society. If there is any opinion about it, please write it through comment and I will try to reply it as soon as possible. NISYA (Linatul Ainisiyah).