This is an example of Research Proposal about Teaching Simple Present Tense applied in local Junior High Schools. The researcher was Mochammad Rifai and the example was written in this blog to give readers the insight on how to create good research and also teaching well on students. It is mandatory to create good proposal about research as the proposal will be used by public. If this is the first time for you to create the proposal or it is an assignment from your lecturer, then feel no afraid. Everything will be explained here with an easy and simple description as possible.
So, before creating a Research Proposal about Teaching Simple Present Tense, the first thing to do is selecting the object of the research. At this article, the object is students in Junior high Schools. It didn’t specify what junior high schools and the grades of the students. You have to choose it appropriately based on your assignment or you may pick it based on your own opinion. For example is Research Proposal about Teaching Simple Present Tense to students at second grade in Junior High School 1 Jakarta. Choose your own title based on your knowledge. Selecting correct title is mandatory.
Next, get the real object of the research. You have selected students in Junior high schools at second grade but there are too much students in second grade. More than hundreds of them. It is impossible to finish the research in time with lots of object. Mochammad Rifai stated if the subject is more than hundreds, It is best to use sample. Sample is part of the population. Hundreds of students in second grade is the population and sample is few of them that will describe all of them. In this case, lets hear more statement from Mochammad Rifai. “If the Population is more than eighty, it is best to take ten until 26 percent of them”. Based on the statement above, we can get around 25 students until 50 students. For me, thirty five are more than enough.
After we get the sample and create a title, The next stage would be doing the research. Examine the object and create the reasons why we need to do it. The research can be done in multiple ways. Use the appropriate ways based on your judgment. You may use Questionnaires or discussion by face to face. I prefer using face to face method the questionnaires but if you ask me what is the best, I would just say it is depend on the research.
The last stage is creating the schemas of the proposal. We can use the introduction page and the rest would be Background of the Research, Statements of the problems, Purposes of the research, Significance of the research, Hypothesis, Limitation of the research and definition of key terms used in research. Lets me show you about those part one by one. Read about that below.
- Background of the Research. Background of the research means the reasons that why this research was done. If there are specific reasons, write it in this section. If lecturer ask you to create the research, write this statement “This research was done because of the assignment given by lecturer as an assignment in English class”. Don’t forget to write any detailed reasons on the completion of the research. However, never write any personal data in it without the agreement from the subject or object of the research. Sometimes, the object can be anonymous to keep the privacy. But it is up to you to include it or not.
- Statement of the Problems. It contains what will be researched and also any kinds of trouble that may arise. The first thing to do is analyzing the title and find any difficulties that may arise. These are the sample of Statement of the problems. What kinds of techniques are used by the teacher in teaching Simple preset tense and How does teacher apply the techniques in classroom. Adding more problems such as How are the students attitude towards the techniques applied by the teacher is recommended.
- Purposes of the Research. This section contains the answer from Statement of the problems above. It also explained on how this research will used in the future.
- Significance of the Research. At this section, Researchers can write their hopes on the completion of the research. It is basically contains the wishes from researcher after completing the research.
- Hypothesis. Hypothesis is primary answer of research problem, and it must be tested to get its truth. And usually it is used in research because the research will be directed to the problem being researched. Based on latest statement from Mochammad Rifai (2012:13), “The researcher should write any necessary hypothesis that concern with the research problem.
- Limitation of the Research. To make the research fully credible, the researcher must limit the research based on the selected topic. In this place, it only cover Teaching simple present tense and not the others.
- Definition of Key Terms. This is an essential part as it describe any difficult words and the meaning based on the researcher opinion. Definition of key terms is important to avoid misunderstanding in the interpretation of words used in this research.
After creating all the steps above, there would be no other problems. In next stage, just write any of the result from the research. Researchers are encouraged to write the data based on the result of the research even if it completely different with their perspective. Final note, sometimes it is a good idea to make an Introduction before creating all of those steps explained above. Credit goes to Mochammad Rifai, a founder of UNIROW ASIA.of the study, limitation of the study, and definition of the key terms. NISYA (LINATUL AINISIYAH).