Simple Present Tense is the first tenses that usually used to describe the story or common activities. It is widely used to show the common facts and any daily activities. The use of Simple Present Tense follow these simple Guidelines:
- It uses formula (Subject + V1 + ..) and (Subject + Vs/es + ..). V1 is the regular verb while Vs/es is regular Verb with letters of s/es in the end. The example of V1 is READ while Vs/es is KISSES.
- Simple Present Tense uses V1 if the subject are (I, You, We and They) while (He, She, It and Name) use Vs/es.
- Simple Present Tense is best to describe general truth.
- Describing Habit using Simple Present Tense is recommended.
- Drama and Radio Broadcasting often uses Simple Present Tense in conversation.
- It uses the word “every” in time indication. Sometimes it also uses X amount of times such as Twice, Three times, and so on.
Teaching Simple Tense to local student using quantum Teaching is recommended. Reference: Learning PRESENT TENSE in ACTIVITIES by using Communicative Approach. Quantum Teaching also can be used to help local student studying this grammar. There is a research proposal trying to reveal on how to teach efficient using the best method. Research Proposal about Teaching Simple Present Tense can be good reference to any teachers.